of the Latin American Federation of Societies of Obstetrics and Gynecology (FLASOG)
Modification of 12-12-2020
OF THE DUTIES OF THE AFFILIATED AND ADHERENT MEMBERS OF FLASOG
Article 1. FLASOG considers that its Affiliate and Adherent members comply with numeral 3 of Art. 9 of the Statute, when they carry out regular scientific activity with the following conditions:
- Regime of academic sessions (Congresses and/or National or International Conferences) in a predetermined sequence.
- Regular publication, in a magazine, bulletin or electronic medium dedicated exclusively or partially to the specialty, of the papers or activities presented in its scientific sessions.
Article 2. The procedure for future institutions to enter FLASOG that consider they meet the basic requirement of regular scientific activity, will be as follows:
- If there is no institution Affiliated or Adherent to FLASOG in that country or region, it will send an application for admission to the Executive Committee, demonstrating that they meet the conditions established in Article 9 and 10 of the Statute, respectively, and must send, among other things: a copy of the Act of its Foundation, current registered Statute, list of active members and list in bibliographic style of its scientific production.
- If an Affiliated or Adherent Society, Association or Federation already exists in that country or region, your only option will be affiliation through it.
Article 3. Failure to comply with the provisions of the Statute or this Regulation by the institutions Affiliated or Adherent to FLASOG, will determine the application of the following sanctions:
- Those who have stopped paying their economic contribution after the first quarter of the corresponding year, will incur a surcharge of 10% per year and if delinquency persists for one (1) year or more, their rights will be suspended while the state of insolvency persists. .
- Those that have not complied with Article 12 and 14 of the Statute respectively and the pertinent provisions of this Regulation, especially those that do not carry out regular scientific activity, after a thorough investigation, will be officially reprimanded by the Executive Committee and if these institutions are not corrected , he will request his disaffiliation at the next Meeting of the Assembly.
Article 4. For the fulfillment of the functions of FLASOG, the Directives of the Affiliated and Adherent institutions will execute the following actions:
- Send to the Executive Committee an annual report containing:
1.1. Updated list of the members of the board of directors of the institution you represent, with the start dates and completion of your exercise.
1.2. Number and names of active members with their address and email
- Communicate about the next relevant scientific meeting in your country or region mentioning the city, venue, date, agenda, Organizing Committee, your postal and electronic or digital address.
- Promote the FLASOG Congress and other institutional activities throughout its scope of action.
- Carry out diligent action in order to achieve an adequate participation of the institution it represents in the FLASOG Assembly Meetings, make a timely appointment of its delegates and give them complete information on each of the points included in the agenda, etc.
- Manage the timely payment of the annual fee for FLASOG. In the case of non-payment after the first quarter of the corresponding year, the surcharge of numeral 1 of Article 3 of this Regulation will be applied.
Sole paragraph : For Adherent members, numeral 1 of this Article does not apply.
Article 5 . In the event of non-compliance with Article 12 or 14 of the Statute by an Affiliated or Adherent institution, the Executive Committee will take all steps to avoid the disaffiliation of that institution, as long as it is corrected and complies with FLASOG, especially if it develops regular scientific activity.
Article 6 . It is the obligation of the Executive Committee to take all the measures leading to the realization and complete development of the Ordinary Meeting of the FLASOG Assembly. To do this you must:
- Make the formal call to each of the Affiliated and Adherent institutions, with the date, time and place of the Preliminary Session and the agenda for the Meeting.
- Send said call to the President of the Board of Directors of each Affiliated or Adherent institution, who must immediately confirm receipt of the same in writing. This call must be made at least 90 (ninety) continuous days in advance of its realization, so that the Affiliated institutions have enough time to organize their representation.
Article 7. The Call for the Ordinary Meeting of the Assembly will have the following Agenda :
- Verify the statutory quorum and declare the Assembly installed by the President of FLASOG
- Consideration and approval of the Minutes of the previous Ordinary and Extraordinary Meeting, if any.
- Report of the Executive Committee on its statutory functions and on the guidelines established by the Assembly that elected it and by the Extraordinary Meetings of the Assembly held during its period, as well as on the resolutions that it has had to adopt on its own initiative.
- Treasurer’s report on financial and administrative management.
- Presentation, consideration and confirmation of the Latin American Masters
- Election of the members of the following Executive Committee.
- Election of the members of the Scientific Committee of the different Regions to the next venue of the Congress as explained in numeral 8 of Article 20 of the Statute.
- Election of the countries of the Affiliate institution that will be the elected Headquarters and the alternate Headquarters of the subsequent FLASOG Congress.
- Consider and ratify the Headquarters of the following Congress and its alternate Headquarters.
- Miscellaneous points: when it is considered necessary to modify the annual economic quota of the affiliated or adhering institutions, as well as for the consideration of a request for affiliation and disaffiliation of institutions or when exceptionally the Executive Committee accepts written requests, which must be made at least ninety (90) continuous business days prior to the Assembly Meeting, as well as any other issue of institutional interest that arises during the Assembly duly seconded.
Article 8. The Call for the Extraordinary Meeting of the Assembly will have as its agenda the points determined by the instance or body that promoted its realization. And it will be done in accordance with the provisions of Article 21 of the Statute. that is, it will not be greater than 90 continuous days when it is requested by Affiliate members nor less than 45 continuous days if the initiative is from the Executive Committee.
Article 9 . At least sixty (60) continuous days prior to the date of the preliminary session of the Ordinary Meeting of the Assembly, the Executive Committee will send each Affiliated and Adherent institution the form so that it accredits the corresponding delegates, according to The status. These forms must contain the correct identification of the delegate and will be required by the Proxies Committee when appearing at the Preliminary Session of the Assembly.
Article 10 . Preliminary Session will be installed before the start of the Assembly Meeting and will take place in the following order:
- The members of the Executive Committee will constitute the provisional board of directors.
- The President of the Executive Committee will designate three (3) official assistant delegates from Affiliated institutions, so that they constitute the Committee of Powers of the Assembly, which will have information and advice from the Secretary and the Treasurer of the Executive Committee.
- The Powers Commission will examine the credentials and compliance with the Duties by the institutions that grant them, that is, the statutory, regulatory and economic obligations with FLASOG in accordance with Articles 12 of the Statute and Article 3 of these Regulations, that is scientific activities and economic solvency with their fees
- The Powers Commission will inform the Assembly if the quorum established in Art. 17 numeral 1 of the Statute is met and will deliver the number and list of delegates and Affiliate members present, correctly accredited.
- If the required quorum is met, the Assembly will be officially constituted under the direction of the President of FLASOG, both in Ordinary and Extraordinary Meetings. At that time, the start time will be recorded and the end of the session will be set.
- If the quorum requirements are not met, the Executive Committee will take all steps to increase the number of institutions or delegates present. If after one (1) hour of the call and due to lack of quorum the Assembly cannot be installed, the Executive Committee will convene an Extraordinary Meeting of the Assembly, which will be set for a maximum of 90 continuous days from the date that should be held. the failed Ordinary Meeting. The agenda must at least have the election of the new Executive Committee and the most important matter that was not fulfilled
Sole paragraph : in the event that the Ordinary or Extraordinary Meeting of the Assembly is held in virtual mode, the Powers Committee will be constituted in the same way indicated in this article, but it must be installed at least 1 hour before the scheduled time. for the start of the official meeting.
Article 11. At the beginning of each plenary session, the Secretary of the Executive Committee will verify if the quorum requirement is met; It will require a report from the Powers Committee each time a representative requests to join the Assembly and will announce the composition of the delegations and the order of origin of the titular delegates of each Affiliated institution. Likewise, he will have the obligation to indicate the number of votes necessary for the approval of motions or points and must permanently control the fulfillment of the quorum so that the agreements of the Assembly are valid.
Article 12. The development of the Assembly will be documented in a Minute, whose elaboration will be the responsibility of the Secretary. Said Minutes, once approved by the following Meeting of the Assembly, will be signed by all the members of the Executive Committee and filed in the “FLASOG Assembly Minutes” Book.
First paragraph: At the beginning of the session of each Assembly, the minutes of the respective previous Meeting of the Assembly will be submitted for consideration and approval, which must have been sent sufficiently in advance to the affiliated institutions for their knowledge.
Paragraph two : At this time, the delegates present may make the corresponding objections and they must be clarified and resolved. If these objections are approved, the Secretary of the Executive Committee must make the corresponding changes.
Article 13 . The voting in the Ordinary Meeting of the Assembly will be done by the official delegates who are physically present and in the Extraordinary Meetings it will be done by a single duly accredited delegate present, who will represent all the votes corresponding to the affiliated institution of his country.
Sole Paragraph: in the circumstances in which the Ordinary or Extraordinary Meetings of the Assembly must be held virtually (as established in Art: 52 and 53 of the Statute), the Executive Committee of FLASOG will be responsible for ensuring all the technological and operational logistical means that allow the normal development of the Meetings of the Assembly in all its aspects, including a virtual voting system that ensures a reliable and transparent process for both the casting of votes and their counting.
OF THE APPLICATIONS AND ELECTION OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Article 14. For the election of the FLASOG Executive Committee, the applications will be made as follows:
- For the candidates to occupy the position of President Elect, the Boards of Directors of the Affiliate members of the corresponding region, will officially nominate their candidate to the Executive Committee in office and this will send it for review to the Nominations Committee.
- For candidates to occupy the position of Vice President, the Boards of Directors of the Affiliate members of the region of the President who assumes, will officially nominate their candidate to the Executive Committee in office and this will send it for review to the Nominating Committee.
- The candidates for Secretary and Treasurer may be proposed by any of the FLASOG Affiliate member institutions to which they belong and will be officially made to the Executive Committee in office and this will send it to the Nominations Committee for review.
- The previous time to present the candidate for each of the positions sought will be between 150 and 90 continuous days before the date of the Congress where the Ordinary Meeting of the Assembly will be held.
- The Coordinator of the Nominations Committee must communicate in writing to all Societies, Associations or Federations (Affiliate Members) the call to all FLASOG electoral events.
- Prior to the election of the new Executive Committee by the Assembly, the Nominations Committee will carry out an analysis of the candidates and submit its conclusions to the Executive Committee. To this end, the Nominations Committee will recognize that the requesting institution, as well as the proposed candidates, have complied with the statutory and regulatory obligations of FLASOG.
- Failure to comply with any of these provisions will determine that the Meeting of the Assembly, by a simple majority vote of the delegates present, appoint a new Executive Committee made up of representatives of the Affiliated institutions of the corresponding region in the manner established in Art. 22 of the Statute.
Article 15. Of the election : in case of presenting more than two candidates for the same position, all the candidates will be voted. If none of the candidates reaches half plus one of the working votes, the procedure to be followed will be as follows: the candidate who received the least number of votes will be withdrawn from the voting process and the remaining candidates will be voted on again, repeating this procedure until one of the candidates reaches half plus one of the votes.
OPERATION OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Article 16. The Executive Committee shall fulfill its duties and functions jointly and within the framework specified for each position in articles 25 to 31 of the Statute.
Article 17. The Executive Committee will comply with the instructions given by the Ordinary Meeting of the Assembly that elected it and the Extraordinary Meetings of the Assembly that are held during its management.
Article 18. The Executive Committee will keep the documentation of its actions in an orderly manner , especially the amount of income and expenditure in the Treasury. Likewise, it will present a financial balance in the Ordinary Meetings of the Assembly.
Article 19 . The Executive Committee for the appointment of the Executive Director will take into account:
- Knowledge of FLASOG management.
- Deep understanding of the economic and academic phenomena of FLASOG.
Article 20. The Executive Committee for the appointment of the Administrative Director will take into account that the candidate is distinguished by his capacity for planning, organization, execution of projects, as well as his knowledge and practice in the Administrative area.
Sole paragraph : Given that the Administrative and Legal Headquarters of the FLASOG Foundation is located in the Republic of Panama, the Administrative Director must have his permanent residence in Panama City.
Article 21. The Executive Committee for the appointment of the Scientific Director will take into account that it must meet the following characteristics:
- Have a relevant teaching and/or research activity.
- Recognized scientific production.
- Research papers and/or publications.
- Possess broad recognized authority in their field of specialization to integrate work teams made up of experts and consultants from different areas of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Sole paragraph: Its primary function will be to coordinate and ensure the proper development of the scientific activities of FLASOG and especially of its Congress.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE CHANGE _
Article 22 . Within 15 days following the swearing-in of the Executive Committee, its new constitution must be notified to the entities affiliated with FLASOG, as well as to the rest of the international scientific societies, especially FIGO, IFSS, FLASCYM, SIAEGI, etc.
Article 23. When the Executive Committee begins its management , it will take possession of the FLASOG archive and all its assets through a formal written and physical transfer made by the outgoing Executive Committee. The aforementioned delivery must be recorded in a Minutes in a period not exceeding 90 continuous days, which must be signed by all those involved in the administrative part of the outgoing and incoming Committee.
Sole paragraph : in the event that, at the time of complying with this article, situations similar to those mentioned in Article 52 of the Statute arise, the virtual modality must also be used to fully and timely comply with it.
Article 24. The outgoing Treasurer, together with the Administrative Director of his management, has the duty to physically deliver to the incoming Treasurer the assets of the Treasury, as well as the bank users with the electronic access codes of the Foundation. FLASOG and FLASOG, if any, as well as security codes, keys, directory of bank contacts, inventoried checkbooks, safe deposit box codes, if any, and everything that facilitates the fluidity and continuity of administrative management.
Paragraph one : the inventory of goods must be delivered, updated on the day of delivery.
Paragraph two : the bank reconciliation and balance of income and expenses must be delivered for the transition period between the swearing-in and the formal delivery of all reports and assets.
Paragraph three : in the event that, at the time of complying with this article, similar situations arise to those mentioned in Art. 52 of the Statute, the virtual modality must also be used to fully and timely comply with it.
Article 25 . Within 15 days following the swearing-in of the Executive Committee , the FLASOG Foundation Minutes must be registered and/or notarized, designating the new President, Secretary and Treasurer of said Foundation. By legalizing
said Act, the integration of the new Directive must be notified to all the banks in which there are accounts, thus facilitating the change of signatures.
Sole paragraph: the Administrative Director of FLASOG will immediately take charge of this action.
OF THE AUXILIARY ORGANIZATIONS
Article 26. The Nominations Committee will be in charge of receiving the nominations, visiting and evaluating the cities proposed to host the subsequent Congress , as well as receiving and analyzing the candidacies for Members of the Executive Committee, applicants for the Scientific Committee and for the designation of the Masters of Latin American Obstetrics and Gynecology. In accordance with articles 25 (number 6) and 32 (number 3) of the Statute, it will have a representative for each Region and will be authorized by the Executive Committee.
Article 27. The Coordinator of the Nominations Committee will be the outgoing President of FLASOG. In case of being unable to exercise said function, he will correspond to the immediately previous President and if he cannot do so either, he will be designated by the Executive Committee.
Article 28 . For the election of the subsequent host country of the FLASOG Congress, the Nominating Committee is responsible for visiting the country or countries that apply to be said Congress Venue. After said visit, he must present a detailed report to the Executive Committee and the Assembly, where he expresses his considerations in relation to the venue(s) visited.
Article 29. The countries nominated to host the FLASOG Congress must have a minimum of requirements to consider their candidacy and be evaluated, among others the following:
- Political, social and economic stability.
- Ease of obtaining a visa.
- Adequate means of air and land communication.
- Promotional capacity of the Congress through travel, tourism and government agencies.
- Sufficient hotel capacity.
- Convention center suitable for the requirements.
- Closed surface for commercial display.
- Public, legal and economic security.
- Present the tax conditions of the country in terms of National and Municipal rates and taxes related to the holding of events, management of economic funds, rate for transfers of funds abroad, particular taxes of the country on the entry and exit of funds in bank accounts of that nation . Thus, as well as the fluctuation of the local currency in relation to the dollar in the last 2 years.
- Legal status to manage income and expenses, and transfer international resources as required.
- Figure and legal condition of the Society, Federation or Association affiliated with FLASOG that aspires to organize the Congress, specifying whether it is a registered non-profit institution or any other modality. As well as its administrative, banking, financial and personnel structure.
First paragraph: Applications for the venue of the subsequent Congress will be received between 240 and 180 continuous days prior to the FLASOG Congress in which said venue will be decided.
Second paragraph : the cost of the visit, which is generated by the attendance of the members of the Nominations Committee, will be assumed by the visited Institutions.
Article 30. For the election of the members of the Executive Committee, the Nominations Committee will analyze whether each candidate and the Affiliate institution that nominates them meet the requirements and will issue a report to the Executive Committee and the Assembly. The reference to the application is specified in article 14 of these Regulations.
Article 31. It is directed by the Scientific Director designated by the Executive Committee and will coordinate the academic activities of the FLASOG Congress and other academic activities of the Federation. In accordance with numeral 8 of Art. 20 of the Statute, it will be made up of one member for each Region and will be elected by the Assembly from among the applicants proposed by the Affiliate members (Societies, Associations or National Federations), complying with the same requirements as regards to the application times that are required for candidates for elective members of the Executive Committee (between 150 and 90 days prior to the holding of the corresponding Ordinary Meeting of the Assembly), in accordance with numeral 4 of Art. 14 of these Regulations .
First paragraph: The Affiliate member of the host country will have the power to appoint the member of the Scientific Committee corresponding to their region.
Second paragraph : the Scientific Director must be from a country (Affiliate member) other than the members elected by the Assembly.
Article 32. The Scientific Committee will fulfill its objectives by carrying out the following functions, among others:
- Structure the scientific program of the corresponding Congress, which includes:
a. Choice of subjects to be discussed in each of the modalities, such as: official topics, symposium, roundtable discussion, colloquium, conference, free exhibition, video, poster, etc.
b. Choice of the most qualified people or teams to develop them.
c. Distribution according to the Local Organizing Committee of the time assigned to scientific activities.
- Accept or reject free scientific contributions sent to the Local Organizing Committee. In order to fully carry out this work, they may request advice from the experts they deem appropriate.
- Develop instructions and rules for the operation of all scientific activities of the congress. For the acceptance of contributions, they will especially take into account that the subject is treated with ethical and scientific criteria.
- Organize postgraduate, pre-congress and intra-congress courses.
Article 33. The Scientific and Temporary Technical Committees will be created to develop the necessary strategies to resolve the situations with the greatest impact in the area of Obstetrics and Gynecology. There may be as many Scientific Technical Committees and Temporary Committees as the Executive Committee deems necessary to fulfill the Objectives and Duties of FLASOG. When the development of a temporary Committee demonstrates the need to be permanent, the Executive Committee will decide by majority vote of its members.
CONGRESO LATINOAMERICANO DE OBSTETRICIA Y GINECOLOGÍA
Article 34. This event is the responsibility of the Executive Committee of FLASOG who will take the necessary steps to achieve standards or guidelines tending to configure a common pattern.
Article 35. The Congress will be held by FLASOG under the leadership of its Executive Committee, jointly with the Board of Directors of the Affiliate member of the host country and the Local Organizing Committee (LOC).
Article 36. The net financial results derived from the Congress will be distributed as follows: 70% for FLASOG and 30% for the Host institution.
Article 37. The Affiliate member of the Host Country will act as: co-organizer and host of the Congress; responsible for coordinating with FLASOG, the LOC and the Organizing Company (if required), all actions related to the logistics of the Congress within the Host Country; providing support and carrying out management control of the LOC. It will establish contact with the Government structures of the Host Country at all levels.
Sole paragraph : when the host country has within its Administrative structure an Events Management or an Organizing company, it will have the right to apply to manage the congress.
Article 38. Of the Local Organizing Committee. The Local Organizing Committee (LOC) of the Congress will be nominated by the Host Institution and its designation must have the approval of the FLASOG Executive Committee.
Article 39. Of the integration, functions and exclusions of the LOC.
The LOC will be made up of: a General Coordinator, Secretary and Treasurer, being able to appoint the working groups it deems necessary.
- It will have an active participation, jointly with the organizing company, in the selection of suppliers in the logistics area.
- It will establish contact with local companies (pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, banks, etc.) promoting their participation as sponsors of the Congress, in coordination and joint action with the Organizing Company if required.
- Participate jointly with the Organizing Company, in the development of a Manual of Sponsorships and Administrative Regulations or its equivalent.
- It will promote the Congress at the National level in order to achieve a massive registration of national assistants to the Congress.
First paragraph : the members of the Executive Committee and the Directors of FLASOG and of the Board of Directors of the Host Institution may not be part of the LOC.
Paragraph two : The administrative decisions will be made in consensus between the Executive Committee of FLASOG, the Board of Directors of the Headquarters Affiliate member and the LOC. In case of disagreement, the FLASOG Executive Committee will decide what is reasonably most convenient for the institution that represents, sponsors and is ultimately responsible for organizing the Congress.
Article 40. The authorities of Congress are :
- The Executive Committee of FLASOG.
- The Scientific Committee
- The Board of Directors of the Affiliate Member Headquarters of the Congress.
Sole paragraph: in the protocol acts such as the Installation Session and the Closing Session, the representation of the mentioned authorities are those that must be in the Presidium.
Article 41. The emblems of the Congress are:
- The official logo of the FLASOG.
- The official logo of the Host Institution.
- The one that the Executive Committee eventually made jointly with the Host Institution as a distinctive logo of the Corresponding Congress.
Sole paragraph: The official stationery of the Congress will only have the logos of FLASOG, the one allusive to the Congress and that of the Host institution, in addition to the description of the corresponding order, date and place where the event will take place.
Article 42. Of the Congressmen:
They are federated congressmen of the Congress, the Obstetricians and/or Gynecologists who, having fulfilled the registration requirements, belong to any of the Affiliated or Adherent Societies, Associations or Federations of FLASOG.
Congress participants are those Obstetricians and/or Gynecologists who, having met the registration requirements, DO NOT belong to FLASOG.
They are companions of Congressmen of the Congress, the people who attend jointly with the Congressman and economically satisfy the registration requirements. These people will have a different special program.
Other health professionals : resident physicians in the specialty, medical students, nurses, midwives or equivalent names, others.
Article 43. Only those mentioned in the previous article, duly registered and carrying the corresponding official documentation, may participate in the activities of the Congress.
Article 44. Opening Ceremony :
This session will be chaired by the President of FLASOG, in his capacity as President of the Congress, who will be accompanied by the members of the Executive Committee, the President of the Host Institution, the Scientific Director and the designated Guest(s) of Honor. by the Executive Committee and Host Institution.
Sole Paragraph : The Ceremony will be held according to the program indicated in the invitation, previously approved by the Executive Committee of FLASOG in common agreement with the Host Institution.
Article 45. Closing Ceremony and inauguration of the new Executive Committee.
This session will be chaired by the acting President of FLASOG, the Elected President who will take office and the President of the Host Institution. The Ceremony will be carried out according to the program indicated in the invitation and the swearing-in of the new Executive Committee will be carried out in accordance with numeral 4 of Art. 23 of the Statute.
Article 46. The scientific program will be prepared by the Scientific Committee. And it will be presented to the organizing entities.
Article 47. The Congress will include:
- Simultaneous Pre and/or Trans Conference Courses.
- Master plenary sessions.
- Simultaneous clinical seminars or symposia.
- Presentation of free works.
- Presentation of videos and posters.
- Any other type of scientific activity.
Sole paragraph: The Scientific Committee must prepare the rules to govern these activities, which will be submitted to the consideration of the Executive Committee, who once reviewed, discussed and approved will give the go-ahead for their application in the next Congress and will become part of the of this Regulation as an academic annex.
Article 48. Each academic session will have a President who will make an introduction to the subject and the presentation of the participants and a Secretary who will supervise that the implementation of the room is adequate and will keep track of the time, which will be done with modern means. corresponding.
Sole paragraph: It is mandatory to be strict in complying with the schedule.
Article 49. In order to obtain the best possible use of the courses, they must be in accordance with the instructions for the operation of all the scientific activities of the Congress.
Article 50. It will be mandatory for all participants in the Congress to be registered and pay their corresponding fee. The official delegate(s) to the Assembly by the Affiliated or Adherent institution, as well as the Executive Committee, Board of Directors of the Host Institution, Scientific Committee, Local Organizing Committee, Executive, Scientific and Administrative Directors of FLASOG, are exempt from this obligation.
Article 51. Protocol of Academic Events of FLASOG
The Head of Protocol will be in charge of the Secretary of the Executive Committee, who will manage the protocol agenda. Thus, for the acts to have the desired success and prestige, among other things, it must:
1. Be the Master of Ceremonies of the protocol acts of FLASOG.
2. Prepare the ideal environment for the development of FLASOG’s protocol activities.
3. Prepare the agenda of the event in accordance with the pertinent articles of these Regulations. In case of unusual or unforeseen situations, the opinion of the FLASOG Executive Committee will be consulted.
4. Give advance notice to people invited to the event who are not members of the Executive Committee. Especially those who must go up to the podium so that they arrive early to the sessions.
5. Attend to special guests at the event.
6. Call people to take the podium, following the criterion of representativeness from greater to lesser importance for the structure of FLASOG’s activities.
OF THE ADMINISTRATION OF HERITAGE
AND ECONOMIC REGIME
FLASOG is a non-profit institution, its assets as well as all income from assets specified in Art. 33 and 34 of the Statute, will be used exclusively to fulfill its objectives and duties, being managed by a Foundation created to meet them.
Article 53. The FLASOG FOUNDATION is the legal and administrative representation of FLASOG. It is represented by the President, the Secretary and the Treasurer of the Executive Committee.
First paragraph: The Executive Committee, through the President, may grant the Administrative Director a Power of Attorney to represent him in Panama or in any other place, to carry out any management that the Executive Committee deems necessary or convenient, for which he must strictly comply with the express indications that the Committee assigns in writing.
Second paragraph : FLASOG’s legal and administrative commitments will be handled by FLASOG FOUNDATION.
Article 54. The President of the Executive Committee and of the FLASOG Foundation is empowered so that, together with the Secretary and Treasurer, he can open, close and mobilize current accounts, savings accounts and other investment instruments, in banking or financial institutions in the country. headquarters of the Foundation, with its funds and mobilize them in the most convenient way possible.
First paragraph : The modality of signatures in the bank accounts will be done at the discretion of the Executive Committee and will be carried out according to what is most convenient in each type of account, and must be reasoned and approved in the Ordinary Meeting of the same and leaving a record in the Minutes. for institutional legal purposes and of the banking entity that requests it.
Paragraph two : The President must sign with the Treasurer the previous orders for the issuance of checks for the mobilization of the funds of the FLASOG Foundation.
Third paragraph : the aforementioned members of the Executive Committee in their capacity as Directors of the FLASOG FOUNDATION may delegate these responsibilities to the Administrative Director through a power of attorney.
Article 55. The regular annual fee for Affiliate and Adherent members must be paid to the Foundation, promptly during the first quarter of each year.
Sole Paragraph : The Administrative Director must submit to the Treasurer, a quarterly report of the Affiliated and Adherent Institutions that have paid their annual fee, specifying the amount, bank discounts for said movement, number of reported associates and any other information that is of interest in this matter.
Article 56. The Administrative Director must submit to the Treasurer a quarterly report of the bank reconciliations of all the accounts of the FLASOG Foundation, as well as a report or account statement of all other financial and banking instruments held by the Foundation.
TRAVEL AND OTHER REPRESENTATION EXPENSES
OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE AND OTHER DIRECTORS
Article 57 . Pursuant to the Sole Paragraph of Article 38 of the Statute, the procedure for granting travel expenses, accommodation, transportation and other compensation, granted by FLASOG, is regulated to cover the expenses incurred during the performance of their duties, to the following people:
1. Members of the Executive Committee.
2. Executive, Scientific and Administrative Directors.
3. Special cases for consideration by the Executive Committee
Article 58. Per diem, accommodation and tickets are understood as the disbursement of money, under criteria of rationality, austerity and transparency of resources, destined to cover the expenses of support and transfer outside the habitual residence, of the persons mentioned in the previous article, who is entrusted with the ordinary or extraordinary fulfillment of a FLASOG activity.
Article 59. Those mentioned in Article 57 will be covered for the following expenses incurred when carrying out activities and officially attending Meetings, Assembly or Congresses on behalf of FLASOG:
- When the trips have a total duration greater than 6 hours. will be covered in business class.
- Airport tax if any.
- Hotel stay during the event.
4. The per diem for extra support such as meals, taxis, etc., is set at one hundred US dollars ($100) per day.
First paragraph: Any of these concepts must be adjusted in the event that any public or private organization finances all or part of the expenses. Said person is obliged to notify the Executive Committee in a timely manner, who will decide whether or not the compensation granted by FLASOG is appropriate.
Second paragraph: no other expenses will be paid that are not authorized by the Executive Committee.
Article 60. Any other expense not foreseen in the previous articles must be analyzed by the Executive Committee, who will decide in each case according to the urgency or need.
Article 61. The members of a Work Committee when they officially attend on behalf of FLASOG as Lecturers or Coordinators of Workshops or Courses, will be covered for transportation and hotel expenses up to a maximum of 2 nights, as well as a maximum of 3 travel days specified in numeral 4 of article 59 of this Regulation. Other compensation must be authorized by the Executive Committee
Article 62. The Congress must be attended by the Administrative Director, Executive Director and Scientific Director, who are responsible for transportation, accommodation and food for the duration of the event, if other personnel are required, it will be decided at a meeting of the Executive Committee,
Sole paragraph: when any of these Directors attend another activity on behalf of FLASOG, they may also receive transportation, per diem and hotel expenses after consideration and approval of the Committee.
OFFICIAL DISSEMINATION BODIES
Article 63. The Executive Committee will assume the direction of the official website and social networks of FLASOG , which will be available to its members. In each period, the member of the Executive Committee responsible for the web and/or social networks will be appointed.
In addition, you will be able to edit a magazine in digital or printed format as is most convenient and will designate the Editor of the Magazine and its Editorial Committee when it works.
Sole paragraph : the Editorial Committee does not have a defined number of its members, but it must always have at least one representative from each Region specified in Article 8 of the Statute.
MASTER OF LATIN AMERICAN OBSTETRICS AND GYNECOLOGY
Article 64. Minimum requirements. To deserve the honorary distinction of receiving the Latin American Obstetrics and Gynecology Teacher Diploma, the candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Have a minimum of 20 years of medical degree and a relevant teaching and/or research performance, with recognized scientific production. Attach a copy of Diploma or Title.
- Having contributed with their work to the development of continuing medical education for Obstetricians and Gynecologists in their country or at the Latin American level.
- Having reached the higher levels in the teaching career ladder.
- Have an active participation in their National Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology and/or in the field of FLASOG.
- Have ethical and moral solvency. As well as not having had discredit in the Affiliated institution, nor sanctions in any field of medical practice. The ethical solvency issued by the Affiliated institution must be attached.
- The nominations will be made by the Board of Directors of the Affiliated Society, Association or Federation of each country, accompanied by the summary of their Curriculum Vitae or Professional Resume, prepared following the order of the Scale prepared for that purpose (Annex 1 of these Regulations) and in addition attaching the records of items 1, 5 and 7 of this article, as well as other records that they deem appropriate.
- Attach the Scale completed with the respective score according to the attached Curriculum.
- In said Scale you must have a minimum score equal to or greater than 150 points.
Sole paragraph : this Scale is the minimum and official evaluation guide for Affiliate members to apply for FLASOG Masters. Each Affiliated institution may have its own selection scale, equal or broader for this or any other application and may use this Scale as a guide.
Article 65 . Of the applications to Masters of Obstetrics and Gynecology LA.:
- Each Affiliate member of FLASOG may present for this distinction up to a maximum of two (2) candidates who meet the minimum requirements of Article 64 of these Regulations.
2. Each Affiliated Board of Directors of FLASOG must send to the Executive Committee and the Coordinator of the Nominations Committee the names of those nominated by their institution, with all the annexes specified in Article 64 of these Regulations, therefore least 120 continuous days before the date of the Ordinary Meeting of the Assembly in which they will be recognized.
3. This requirement to send the applications in the indicated period and with the indicated supports, is essential to apply to this Distinction. All proposals made outside of said period and/or with incomplete supports will be rejected.
in an indeclinable manner, being the exclusive responsibility of the corresponding Affiliated Institution the breach of these requirements.
4. The Executive Committee of FLASOG has the power to nominate up to 3 (three) additional Candidates, as long as your National Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology certifies that the candidate does not present any impediment, complies with the requirements established in this Regulation and presents the corresponding collections indicated.
Article 66 . From the final selection:
The final selection by FLASOG will begin through the Nominations Committee, which will carry out a thorough evaluation of the minimum requirements and the Scale to achieve said distinction and will submit it to the Executive Committee, who after its review and approval will present it. to the Assembly for final validation and will deliver the corresponding diplomas.
First paragraph : the Executive Committee has the right to Veto the postulate that it deems appropriate, provided that it is unanimously by its members. For this, it will reason its decision. And said Veto is not required to be made public.
Second paragraph : FLASOG will not cover accommodation or transportation for those who receive the distinction of Master of Latin American Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Article 67. The members in exercise of the National Directive of the Affiliated institutions will not be able to apply for this distinction . If the case arises, said application will be invalid and if the distinction has already been granted, it must be revoked by the Executive Committee in office at the time said abnormality is verified.
Article 68. Minimum requirements: The work to qualify for the FLASOG award must be unpublished, carried out within a Latin American country and comply with the following:
- That it be a relevant contribution to the knowledge of the specialty.
- Send three (3) copies of the complete work to the Scientific Committee of FLASOG, at least 120 continuous days before the Congress.
- That it be presented at the congress to “ opt for the prize ”.
- The Scientific Committee will designate a qualifying jury of 3 members to evaluate the scientific methodology, the hierarchy of the work and the quality of the presentation.
Article 69. Procedure: The Scientific Committee of the Congress will select the works that qualify to be awarded, will place them in the corresponding category and will choose the winning work in each area. You may be duly advised by a jury with experts in the field. Its location within the Congress Program will be in charge of the Scientific Committee.
Article 70. The award will consist of a Diploma, a Medal and an economic contribution equivalent to the cost of 5 regular registrations for the FLASOG Congress in which he is participating.
Sole paragraph : The Scientific Committee may declare the prizes void.
Article 71. FLASOG Guarantee: To grant the guarantee by FLASOG, the public or private institution that requests it must comply with the provisions of the Norms for the evaluation and approval of GUARANTEES, which are attached to these Regulations and may be updated when the Committee Executive considers it necessary.
Article 72. Regional Groups, Organization and Objectives: The FLASOG Regional Groups are non-profit scientific organizations that bring together their Affiliated members (Societies, Associations or Federations of Obstetrics and Gynecology) from countries with some geographical neighborhood, common interests in specialty and appropriate means of communication that allow the necessary exchange between them and that are already defined in Article 8 of the Statute.
Sole paragraph : the Executive Committee is empowered to elaborate its regulations.
Article 73. Other rules of operation of FLASOG: These Regulations empower the Executive Committee to create processes for the operation of the administrative structure of FLASOG or its academic activities as long as they do not contradict the Statute and Regulations of FLASOG.
Article 74. What is not provided for in these Regulations may be resolved by the majority of the Executive Committee, ad referendum of what is resolved by the next Ordinary or Extraordinary Meeting of the Assembly, to whose consideration the matter must be submitted.
These Regulations come into force as of Saturday, December 12, 2020, the date on which it was approved unanimously, in an Extraordinary Meeting of the Assembly expressly convened for its modification, held Virtually and which took place in two sessions, the first on Tuesday, November 10 , 2020, with the participation and presence of the official delegates of the following Affiliated Institutions: Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela. Argentina (present with voice and without vote).
Completing the development of the Assembly, after a recess (intermediate quarter) until Saturday, December 12, 2020, with the participation and presence of the official delegates of the following Affiliated Institutions: Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador , El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. Argentina (present with voice and without vote).
For the Final Writing and Style Commission
Dr. Néstor Garello Dr. Nestor Garello Dr. Alfonso Arias Joseph Of Grace